THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT, SORRY!
Researching that sprawling nonfiction book project, but finding yourself bogged down in the narrative? Announcing Litquake's Master Class Mixer with two-time Pulitzer Prize winner T.J. Stiles! The class will include three full hours of instruction with Stiles, and then conclude with a cocktail reception with the author in Litquake's downtown San Francisco office. Class size is limited to 15 participants.
Stiles, called “a superb researcher” by the Washington Post, recently won the 2016 Pulitzer Prize in History for his most recent book, Custer's Trials: A Life on the Frontier of a New America. He is also the winner of the 2010 Pulitzer for Biography and the 2009 National Book Award for Nonfiction for The First Tycoon: The Epic Life of Cornelius Vanderbilt. A Guggenheim fellow, he has taught creative nonfiction at Columbia.
Other T.J. Stiles accolades:
• Winner, Spur Award for Biography, Western Writers of America
• Winner, William H. Seward Award for Excellence in Civil War Biography
• Finalist, National Book Critics Circle Award for Biography
• Finalist, California Book Award
• Finalist, Guggenheim-Lehrman Prize in Military History
• Longlist, Mark Lynton History Prize
• Finalist, Plutarch Award for Biography
For each Litquake writing class, we reserve the right to cancel at any time and issue a full refund or credit to a later class. If you are unable to attend your class, please email email@example.com at least seven days prior to receive a refund or credit, minus a $25 service charge.