MAGNITUDE IS ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ALL SUBMISSIONS SENT DURING THIS TIME WILL BE CONSIDERED WHEN WE RETURN.
Magnitude: The Litquake Review is an online journal comprised of poetry, fiction and nonfiction by members of the Litquake and Lit Crawl communities.
Every piece offers the reader an intimate perspective of what it’s like to be involved—as an author, a volunteer, a producer, or an audience member—in the largest literary festival on the West Coast, and in the burgeoning Lit Crawls in New York, Seattle, Austin, Los Angeles and Iowa City.
- 3-5 poems
- 1-3 pieces of flash fiction (each piece 1000 words max)
- 1 piece of short fiction (3000 words max)
- 1 piece of creative nonfiction (3000 words max)
- 3 photographs or art pieces (digital, mixed media, paintings, drawings, and more are all acceptable as long as they can be submitted electronically)
- Submissions can be sent to [email protected] in one document: a .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .txt format…basically something we’ll be able to open and copy and paste. For image files, please make they are “high quality.” Please put your name, contact info and a bio under 35 words in the body of the email, and be sure to mention the year(s) you helped out as a Litquake/Lit Crawl volunteer or participated in/read at a Litquake/Lit Crawl event.
- The email subject line should look like this: Author name, type of submission, title; i.e. Joe Litquake, flash fiction, This is My Title
- The document name should look like this: Last name_first name_title.doc (or .docx, etc); i.e. Litquake_Joe_This_is_My_Title.doc (If you’re submitting more than one piece, just use the title of your first piece in the document.)
For more information, contact Melissa da Silveira Serpa, Magnitude Editor and Litquake Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected]
Past issues of Magnitude: